Lagos Off the Beaten Path
As with life’s journey, the uncommon road is usually more rewarding and so is Lagos off beaten path trips. When you feel exhausted from the Lagos hustle and bustle, an off the beaten path trip is sure to re-energize, calm and bring new inspiration to your mind and body.
1. Boat trip to Ilashe Private Beach – This is by far one of the most rewarding things to do when you’re in Lagos. The exhilarating boat ride on the crazy waters of Lagos makes the destination worth it. You get to enjoy the beach, the scenery, engage in some water and sand sports, and just relax. To really enjoy this experience, take the long route to the beach via Ikoyi and Lagos Island, make a quick stop at Tarkwa Bay, to enjoy the waters and views, before heading to Ilashe.
2. Spend 3 hours in Alpha Beach – This is one of Lagos hidden gems. Let me tell you a secret, take some hours off during your hectic day and head to Alpha Beach, off Lekki Expressway, 6th roundabout. Don’t forget to pack a blanket, music, food and drinks. Head out there to enjoy the sound of the ocean and unwind.
3. Weekend at Inagbe Beach Resort – Also located on a private beach island. This 20 minute boat ride is worth every penny. Great weekend trip option with family, friends or bae. You get to connect with nature and feel the calm of Lagos outside of Lagos.
4. Elegushi Beach Night-Life – Perhaps one of the best nightlife experiences in Lagos. If you want to enjoy Lagos local life, this is the place to be. Leave behind your posh and sophisticated self because you’re in for some real local beach night life. Imagine yourself at a beach bar in Dominican Republic. Yup
5. Whispering Palms – Great place for families and groups to relax and enjoy the bliss of Lagos off the beaten path trips.
6. Epe Resort – Located in Epe, this resort offers a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of Lagos. Great place for families, girls weekend or a nice couple getaway. You’re able to relax and re-energize before another hectic week in Lagos.
What are some of your off the beaten path Lagos experiences?